What You Need To Know
This is an outdoor adventure, so there are things you need to know to make it fun as possible:
- You will receive, by email, a questionnaire asking questions regarding your heath and medical needs, ages, experience, etc. This must be filled out and returned. The guide assigned to your group will call you prior to your tour to discuss any issues and answer any questions you may have.
- Wear appropriate clothing. Check the weather and dress accordingly. Bring an extra layer, just in case. Keep in mind, you could get wet.
- Bug spray and sun screen are always handy to have.
- Protect valuables (cell phones, wallets, etc.) from the water. Zip Lock bags work well.
- The Black River is a flowing river, but at times of low water you may have to get out and pull your kayak over a sand bar, etc.
- Group size is limited and can be changed due to experience levels.
- Your guide has the final say in regards to weather and safety. Tours are not cancelled due to light rain, but will be cancelled or delayed in case of lightning or more severe storms.
- If a tour is cancelled due to weather, we will attempt to reschedule your group. If rescheduling is not possible, we will make a full refund.